KY State Graduation Requirements:
The state of Kentucky has a set list of courses that students must take to be eligible for graduation. These requirements are:
4 credits of English,
(English 1, 2, 3, 4)
3 credits of Mathematics,
(Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2)
3 credits of Social Studies,
(Intgrd Social Studies, World Civ, U.S. History)
3 credits of Science,
(Intgrd Science I and II, Biology)
and 11 credits of Electives.
*In 2010 a new KY law regarding Math went into effect. All students must take a math class every year. For some students, the fourth year of Math will count as an elective.
What else is required for graduation?
Individual Learning Plans (ILPs), a writing portfolio, and a diploma slip must also be completed by Seniors to be eligible for graduation. All student fines must be paid in full.
IMPORTANT FACTS TO REMEMBER ABOUT TCHS CLASSES:
- Each full year of a class offers one full credit for each student to earn.
- In the Fall Semester a 1/2 credit can be earned, and in the Spring Semester another 1/2 credit can be earned.
- Part A of a course is only offered in the Fall, and Part B is only offered in the Spring.
- Part A of a course is required before taking Part B in most courses.
- We have one class that is an exception to this credit system, Connections Algebra This class is a Math class that meets every day and gives students the chance to earn 1 full credit of Algebra 1 part 1 in the Fall Semester and 1 full credit of Algebra 1 part 2 in the Spring.
About this page
- Author: Stephanie Bruce
- Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2013