Welcome to TCHS
Tates Creek in the News
Tates Creek High School continues to be one of the top schools in the state for Kentucky Governor's Scholar success! We are proud to have had 127 GSP scholars the past five years!
Student Voice Survey Parent Opt Out Letter
Student Voice Surveys on all B1 and B2 teachers will begin January 25. If you do not wish for your student to participate in the survey, return the signed opt out letter to the main office by January 20.
Click here for access to the Workkeys test.
Caps & Gowns
Seniors who still need to order a cap and gown for graduation can go to Balfour.com to place their order.
TC Tervis Tumblers for Sale
The step team is selling TC Tervis Tumblers!
If you are interested, please email Shericka Smith or call 381-3620 ext. 1301.
They are $18 each or 2 for $30! Don’t miss out!
On October 20th, all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students at Tates Creek High School took an assessment called CERT (College-Equipped Readiness Tool), which is the assessment we are using this year in place of MAP. This assessment informs students, parents, and teachers of academic needs and strengths in core content areas.
The 9th and 10th grade students took a PLAN-like assessment which is an early indicator of college-readiness and potential to meet benchmarks on the ACT and all 11th grade students took a practice ACT test in order to gauge their academic readiness on the actual ACT.
All the scores have been uploaded to the CERT website and students are being given directions on how to log in and access those scores through their English classes. If your child doesn’t have an English class, please have them go to the counseling office to receive their password.
The reports will give you an idea if your child is meeting benchmarks, will indicate percentiles, and will also provide study hall videos on all the content and skills that the student struggled with on the CERT test.
All 9th and 10th graders will take this test again in the spring and 11th grade will take their actual ACT on March 1, 2016.
The benchmarks are below:
- For 9th graders the benchmarks are based on potential ACT PLAN scores as Freshmen. Benchmarks are- 14- English, 17- Math, 18- Reading, and 19- Science.
- For 10th grade the benchmarks are based on potential ACT PLAN scores as Sophomores. Benchmarks are- 15 English, 18- Math, 19- Reading, and 20 Science.
- For 11th grade the benchmarks are based on potential ACT scores. Your ACT will take place on March 1, 2016. Benchmarks are 18- English, 19- Math, 20- Reading, and 23- Science.
To access ACT Prep options, follow these directions:
1. Go to www.certforschools.com
2. Log in with your account information:
- Username is your student email address.
- Passwords can be retrieved from your English teacher, Mrs. Bordas, or Mr. Cheatham. Once logged in you can change your password by clicking Profile and Change Password.
Need help understanding Kentucky's new accountability system, Unbridled Learning? Click here for an explanation of the different ways TCHS is held accountable.
Student Number Locator
Click here to find out your student number.
Updating Email Addresses in Infinite Campus
Tates Creek Healthy Kids Clinic
Click here for more information about this service.
Sponsored by the Lexington Public Library.
We are an E=USE2 School. Click here for more information.
TCHS aims to provide active student engagement and foster meaningful relationships through rigorous and relevant instruction centered in intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, TCHS utilizes student achievement data to drive our practices and develop challenging programs of education and assessment.
These programs encourage students to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who maintain an open, empathetic mindset towards others.